How Jud Drives Value to the Funds,
Founders, and Investors
Jud is well versed in helping companies dramatically increase value with his portfolio of experience as a Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, or Consultant accompanying business exits or recapitalizations of over $1.9B. Jud is passionate about modernizing independent wealth management and helping make private investing more accessible and transparent throughout the fast-growing Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) channel.
At Mammoth, Jud has developed one of the venture capital and private investment industry’s earliest technology infrastructures that allows for automated workflows and clear communication for Mammoth with investors and portfolio companies.
Jud was introduced to financial services when he began working at Orion in 2004, where he served in a number of roles, including leading technology implementation. Through this role he gained insight into both advisor and client pain points. He solved for the most common issues facing advisors through technology via excellent user experiences and superior communication. Ultimately, Jud served as the head of design and CMO of Orion where he was able to help Orion accomplish record growth and build one of the well-known brands in wealth/fintech.
In 2015, Jud co-founded Mineral Interactive with his wife, Kim. Together, with a team of strategists, writers, designers and developers, they helped advisors across the country amplify their message to those who need to hear it most and turned digital presences into real growth. Together they helped grow many prominent Fintech and independent Wealth Management firms in the United States and Canada. In 2018, Mineral exited through a strategic sale to the Carson Group where Jud assumed the role of CMO until his departure at the end of 2020 to join Mammoth.
- Helped Orion grow from 20 to 1200 customers and 1B to 900B in assets under advisement
- Co-Chair Investment News, Future of Financial Advice, 2020
- Charter Member, Next Chapter in Collaboration with the Money Manager Institute and Financial Advisor Magazine, 2020
- Helped launch the Fuse initiative and community which transformed how fintech companies collaborate to integrate technology and advance user experience.
- Extensive experience working alongside multiple private equity partners and preparing portfolio companies for successful capital events
- Regular contributor to InvestmentNews, FA Magazine, Think Advisor and Financial Planning
Jud graduated summa cum laude from Grace University in Omaha (BA) earned his MA with Distinction from Dallas Theological Seminary.
In addition to his role at Mammoth, Jud is a private equity advisor, Chief Executive Officer of Milemarker, and member of the Lifeyield Advisory Board.
Awards & Recognition
Winner of the Wealth Management Industry Award for Thought Leadership Advisor Education
Investment News 40 Under 40
His financial firm was ranked by Financial Advisor magazine as the 15th fastest growing RIA with more than $300mm in assets under management
XYPN Fintech Competition Champion
Best Advisor Innovation, Fuse